Terms and Conditions:
3. PARI reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online (you may not receive a personal notification to this effect). Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
4. You agree to use this website (and the content provided therein) only for lawful purposes (i.e that are not fraudulent, illegal, unauthorized or harmful in any manner), and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In particular, you agree to follow relevant copyright laws as applicable domestically and/or internationally and as specified more particularly in the Copyright Terms. In particular, by continuing to use this website you agree not to utilise any of the content available on this website for any commercial reasons whatsoever, without the prior permission of PARI. For more information on the use of content from this website please refer to the Copyright Terms.
5. To provide notice of material alleged to infringe a copyright or any other rights please refer to the Copyright Terms and in particular the form for Notice of Infringing Material.
6. PARI reserves the right to moderate any user generated content on the website including comments, suggestions, etc.
7. PARI reserves the right to suspend, or discontinue the provision of any individual service on this website or indeed suspend or discontinue this website all together without any notice or liability on its part.
8. This site and the information, names, images, videos, pictures, logos regarding or relating to PARI/the PARI website are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will PARI be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. PARI does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. Please see the Disclaimer for further details.
10. You may create a link to this website, though should you do so, the same is at your own risk and the terms of this agreement will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
11. The content on the PARI website is provided for educational and informational purposes only. PARI makes no representations about the content and suitability of the information presented online for any purpose.
12. PARI uses reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on this web site is current and accurate. To the extent permitted by law, PARI makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of the information within this website.
13. The use of the website and any information contained on the site is at your own risk. PARI, its employees, agents, consultants and representatives do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, including responsibility for negligence, physical damage, personal injury, economic loss, costs or expenses of any kind, or any other loss or damage suffered or incurred by anyone as a direct or indirect consequence of errors in or omissions from the site, or related action or inaction taken in reliance upon the contents of the website.
14. The views expressed in the information and materials published on the PARI website, including all 3rd Party Content, are those of their authors (or as indicated) and not of PARI. The inclusion of any links on the website does not necessarily imply PARI endorses the views expressed within them.
16. Breach of any of the Terms and Conditions, in any way, gives PARI the right to take any lawful actions to deal with such breach, including but not limited to suspending your access to the website,
prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you. Failure by PARI to strictly enforce any of the provisions set out in this agreement or failure to exercise an option to remedy a breach shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of the Terms and Conditions or of any part thereof or the right to enforce the whole or any part thereof. No waiver of any of the provisions of this agreement shall be effective unless expressly stated to be the case in a written document signed by both parties.
17. You hereby indemnify PARI and undertake to keep PARI indemnified against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by PARI to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of PARI’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by PARI arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions (or other illicit or unlawful use of this website), or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
18. This website and the Terms and Conditions are governed by and are to be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India.
19. In the event of any dispute arising out of the use of this Website or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the Parties shall attempt to mutually resolve the matter through negotiations. In the event no resolution is possible, the Parties shall proceed to arbitration, before a single arbitrator, to be appointed by PARI. PARI shall make the appointment of the sole arbitrator within 2 weeks of notice of the failure of negotiations (which may be given by either party). The decision of the sole arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. The arbitral seat shall be in Mumbai and Indian law, as applicable, shall govern proceedings.
20. The Courts at Mumbai, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under, out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or any usage of the PARI website.
21. If any part of the Terms and Conditions is found unlawful and/or unenforceable the rest of the Terms and Conditions, to the extent separable, shall continue to be valid.
22. PARI is registered as a trust under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, and has its registered office at Y-57, Hauz Khas, (first floor) New Delhi, India . PARI may be contacted through its administrative office at The CounterMedia Trust, 27/43 Sagar Sangam, Bandra Reclamation, Mumbai 400050, Maharashtra, India.
1. This website is designed, developed and maintained by ThoughtWorks Inc for and on behalf of PARI.
2. PARI does not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to your queries and to process payments (subscriptions and donations). Personal information may be provided to third parties in the normal course of business (such as our bankers, for the purpose of processing payments) but shall otherwise remain confidential except for any disclosures required by law.
4. PARI does not collect information or create individual profiles for commercial marketing. Your details will not be passed on or sold to any third party for any commercial reason whatsoever.
5. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
6. This website contains links to third party sources and sites. These are provided solely for information purposes. When you select a link to a third party website, you are leaving the PARI website and are subject to the privacy policies of the third party website.
If you wish to donate please find our donation page here.